Automated disaster recovery (DR) software!
RecoverEDGE™ is automated disaster recovery (DR) software allowing complete bare metal recovery after a hardware failure without having to re-install the operating system, configure device drivers, etc. It comes free with the Linux, UnixWare® 7, OpenServer™ 6 and OpenServer 5 versions of BackupEDGE.
RecoverEDGE custom built boot media and a BackupEDGE backup (which on some archive types can be combined into a "bootable backup") are all that is necessary to recover from a hardware or software catastrophe.
Linux Versions support UEFI or BIOS-based installations (03.02.00 and later).
Boot media types include:
CD / DVD / Blu-Ray Disc™
PXE Boot Image
HP ODBR™ bootable tape
Introducing UEFI Support for Linux
IN BackupEDGE 03.02.00
03.02.00 build 3 Now Available!
- Improved UEFI .efi File Management(build 3).
- Updated communications and security libraries (build 3).
- Support for Ubuntu 17.04 "Artful Aardvark" (build 2).
- Updated communications and security libraries (build 2).
- UEFI Support is available in RecoverEDGE for a large variety of Linux releases. See our UEFI Support Tables page for more information.
- Full Support (including RecoverEDGE) for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Server SP3.
- Full Support (including RecoverEDGE) for openSUSE LEAP 42.3.
- Full Support (including RecoverEDGE) for CentOS 1708 (7.4).
See our Newsletter File for additional information.
What To Do
- Click on our Downloads link to download and install a no-charge 60 day BackupEDGE demo on your own server.
- Learn more about BackupEDGE 3.x.
- See What's New in our 3.x product line.
- Download the Reviewer's Guide to get a quick overview.
- Get the User Guide for all current product information.
- See our Worldwide Cloud Backups section for more information on inexpensive cloud storage.
- See our P2V section for information on Server Physical to Virtual Conversion.
† P2V via GoToMeeting session only if pre-qualified.
Last Updated - 2018/01/19