Microlite BackupEDGE 03.05.00†
Backup Software for Linux and UNIX!
†Build 2 Now Available! Try it FREE for 60 days!
BackupEDGE™ is a high performance, easy to use, fully integrated backup, restore and bare metal disaster recovery software product for Linux® and UNIX® operating systems.
the entire process of protecting critical data
while shielding the user from the headaches involved in directly managing individual actions
the industry's widest variety of storage devices,
including traditional tape drives, Blu-ray Disc™ (BD-RE), DVD and CD writers, tape changers, libraries and autoloaders, and USB and SATA† flash drives, disk drives and cartridges.
backups to network-attached storage
(NAS) devices, servers and appliances over the local network or Internet using the FTP, FTPS, SMB/CIFS, NFS and Object Storage protocols†
BackupEDGE fully supports
Cloud (Internet) backups
using the S3 object storage protocol. Backup to Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, Backblaze B2, Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage and others.
uses a modern, standards-based data format
This allows for very long pathnames, very high compression ratios, ACLs (access control lists), multiple archive verification strategies and highly secure data encryption.
Its modular architecture
providing great flexibility
in implementing and maintaining backup strategies.
is one of the most flexible in the industry,
combining Date, Time, Domain and Backup Type with Resource Quotas and Retention Times, to allow users to create simple or highly configurable storage strategies.
has an industry exclusive management interface
called EDGEMENU. The dual-mode interface runs on the graphical desktop in Linux or may be run in character mode from the character console or from terminals and terminal emulators.
† Operating system dependent.
Automated Bare Metal recovery software!
RecoverEDGE™ is automated bare metal recovery software. It allows complete recovery after a hardware failure without having to re-install the operating system, configure device drivers, etc. It comes free with the Linux, UnixWare® 7, OpenServer™ 6 and OpenServer 5 versions of BackupEDGE.
RecoverEDGE bootable media and a BackupEDGE backup are all that is necessary to recover from a hardware or software catastrophe.
Boot media types include:
- CD / DVD / Blu-Ray Disc™
- USB Disk / Flash Media
- ISO Image
- PXE Boot Image
Linux Versions support UEFI or BIOS-based installations .
What To Do
- Click on our Downloads link to download and install a no-charge 60 day BackupEDGE demo on your own server.
- Learn more about BackupEDGE 3.x.
- See What's New in our 3.x product line.
- Download the Reviewer's Guide to get a quick overview.
- Get the User Guide for all current product information.
- See our Worldwide Cloud Backups section for more information on inexpensive cloud storage.
- See the latest training videos on our YouTube Channel.
- Opt in or out of our Newsletter Mailing List.
- Press Release - Backblaze B2 Support
- November 2021 Newsletter!
- Amazon S3 Online Guide!
- Backblaze B2 Online Guide!
- Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage Online Guide!
- New P2V Pricing!
- September 2021 Newsletter!
New Training Video on YouTube!
Using S3CLOUD Resources with Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage
- Updated Support End-Of-Life Information!
- Desktop Linux Distributions Now Supported!
03.05.00 Build 2 Now Available!
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.6
- Oracle Linux Server 8.6
- Rocky Linux 8.6
- Alma Linux 8.6
03.05.00 Build 1
03.04.02 Build 2
03.04.02 Build 1
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.5
- Oracle Linux Server 8.5
- CentOS 8.5-2111
- Rocky Linux 8.5
- Alma Linux 8.5
03.04.01 Build 3
See our Newsletter File for additional information.
Click HERE for Older News!
Last Updated - 2022-06-20