NEW! BackupEDGE 03.03.00†
BackupEDGE™ is a high performance, easy to use, fully integrated backup, restore and bare metal disaster recovery software product for Linux® and UNIX® operating systems.
the entire process of protecting critical data
while shielding the user from the headaches involved in directly managing individual actions
the industry's widest variety of storage devices,
including traditional tape drives, Blu-ray Disc™ (BD-RE), DVD and CD writers, tape changers, libraries and autoloaders, and USB and SATA† flash drives, disk drives and cartridges.
backups to network-attached storage
(NAS) devices, servers and appliances over the local network or Internet using the FTP, FTPS, SMB/CIFS, and NFS protocols†
BackupEDGE fully supports
Cloud (Internet) backups
to the Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) web storage cloud and many other sites around the world who use the S3 storage API, such as Google Cloud Storage and Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage.
uses a modern, standards-based data format
that allows for very long pathnames, very high compression ratios, ACLs (access control lists), multiple archive verification strategies and highly secure data encryption.
Its modular architecture
providing great flexibility
in implementing and maintaining backup strategies.
is one of the most flexible in the industry,
combining Date, Time, Domain and Backup Type with Resource Quotas and Retention Times, to allow users to create simple or highly configurable storage strategies.
has an industry exclusive management interface
called EDGEMENU. The tri-mode interface runs on the graphical desktop or can be enabled as a web service and run remotely from a Java-equipped web browser. It may also be run in legacy character mode from the character console or from terminals and terminal emulators.
† Operating system dependent.
Automated disaster recovery (DR) software!
RecoverEDGE™ is automated disaster recovery (DR) software allowing complete bare metal recovery after a hardware failure without having to re-install the operating system, configure device drivers, etc. It comes free with the Linux, UnixWare® 7, OpenServer™ 6 and OpenServer 5 versions of BackupEDGE.
RecoverEDGE custom built boot media and a BackupEDGE backup (which on some archive types can be combined into a "bootable backup") are all that is necessary to recover from a hardware or software catastrophe.
Linux Versions support UEFI or BIOS-based installations (03.02.00 and later).
Boot media types include:
CD / DVD / Blu-Ray Disc™
PXE Boot Image
HP ODBR™ bootable tape
03.03.00 Build 3 - Now Available!
03.03.00 Build 2 - New Features / Capabilities
- CentOS 8.1-1911 Support
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 Support
- Oracle Linux Server 8.1 Support
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.1 Support
- Ubuntu 19.10 Server Support
- Xterm - Ncurses Fix
- Wasabi Test URL Fix
03.03.00 Build 1 - New Features / Capabilities
- CentOS 8.0-1905 Support
- CentOS 7.7-1908 Support
- New Product Release for 5.x Kernels - edgelx50_64
- Ubuntu 19.04 Server Support
- Updated Compression Libraries
03.02.03 Build 2 - New Features / Capabilities
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.7 Support
- Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS Support
- Oracle Linux Server 8 Support
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP1 Support
- SUSE / openSUSE Leap LVM Support
- Modernized HTML Email Report
03.02.03 Build 1
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Support
- openSUSE Leap 15.1 Support
- Improved Multiple Archive per Medium Support for tape drives under Linux
In 03.02.02 Build 1
- NIC Bonding Support - Red Rat Enterprise Linux 7 / CentOS 7 and later
- NIC Bonding Support - Oracle Linux 7 / Scientific Linux 7 and later
- NIC Bonding Support - Uuntu Server 18.x / 17.x / 16.x
- Network Code Improved and Updated
- Updated communications and security libraries
See our Newsletter File for additional information.
What To Do
- Click on our Downloads link to download and install a no-charge 60 day BackupEDGE demo on your own server.
- Learn more about BackupEDGE 3.x.
- See What's New in our 3.x product line.
- Download the Reviewer's Guide to get a quick overview.
- Get the User Guide for all current product information.
- See our Worldwide Cloud Backups section for more information on inexpensive cloud storage.
- See our P2V section for information on Server Physical to Virtual Conversion.
† P2V via GoToMeeting session only if pre-qualified.
Last Updated - 2020/05/25