Automated disaster recovery (DR) software!
RecoverEDGE™ is automated disaster recovery (DR) software allowing complete bare metal recovery after a hardware failure without having to re-install the operating system, configure device drivers, etc. It comes free with the Linux, UnixWare® 7, OpenServer™ 6 and OpenServer 5 versions of BackupEDGE.
RecoverEDGE custom built boot media and a BackupEDGE backup (which on some archive types can be combined into a "bootable backup") are all that is necessary to recover from a hardware or software catastrophe.
Linux Versions support UEFI or BIOS-based installations (03.02.00 and later).
Boot media types include:
CD / DVD / Blu-Ray Disc™
PXE Boot Image
HP ODBR™ bootable tape
03.03.00 Build 1 Now Available!
- CentOS 7.7 (1908) Support
- New Product Release for 5.x Kernels - edgelx50_64
- Ubuntu 19.04 Server Support
- Updated Compression Libraries
03.02.03 Build 2 Now Available!
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.7 Support
- Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS Support
- Oracle Linux Server 8 Support
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP1 Support
- SUSE / openSUSE Leap LVM Support
- Modernized HTML Email Report
03.02.03 Build 1
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Support
- openSUSE Leap 15.1 Support
- Improved Multiple Archive per Medium Support for tape drives under Linux
In 03.02.02 Build 1
- NIC Bonding Support - Red Rat Enterprise Linux 7 / CentOS 7 and later
- NIC Bonding Support - Oracle Linux 7 / Scientific Linux 7 and later
- NIC Bonding Support - Uuntu Server 18.x / 17.x / 16.x
- Network Code Improved and Updated
- Updated communications and security libraries
See our Newsletter File for additional information.
What To Do
- Click on our Downloads link to download and install a no-charge 60 day BackupEDGE demo on your own server.
- Learn more about BackupEDGE 3.x.
- See What's New in our 3.x product line.
- Download the Reviewer's Guide to get a quick overview.
- Get the User Guide for all current product information.
- See our Worldwide Cloud Backups section for more information on inexpensive cloud storage.
- See our P2V section for information on Server Physical to Virtual Conversion.
† P2V via GoToMeeting session only if pre-qualified.
Last Updated - 2019/09/18