About Microlite Corporation
Microlite Corporation has been in business since 1983, and has been committed to the Backup Software Marketplace since 1987.
We're the leader in Bare Metal Disaster Recovery Technology for Linux (IA32 and EM64T/AMD64 architectures), Xinuos SCO OpenServer 6, OpenServer 5, and UnixWare 7. We were the first company to bring a commercial bare metal disaster recovery product to market for each of those operating systems, as well as for SCO Unix 3.2.x. We are recognized as having the most advanced bare metal disaster recovery product available for each of those platforms.
BackupEDGE™, our backup product contains many advanced features, including...
- Encrypted Archives. Using a combination of 2048-bit RSA and 256-bit AES encryption, plus a well-concieved key management system, our optional encryption module creates secure archives easily.
- MySQL™ / MariaDB® Hot Backups. Performed as part of a system backup or as a separately scheduled task.
- Blu-ray Disc™ re-writable media support. Includes bootable bare-metal disaster recovery and multiple archives per medium.
- Cloud / Internet Backups. You can backup servers worldwide to S3-compatible site like Amazon Web Services Simple Storage Service (S3), Google Storage Cloud and Wasabi.
- FTP / FTPS Backups. Any remote server, device or appliance with fully functional FTP / FTPS server can be used to store backups. This includes most desktop and rackmount NAS devices. A special re-startable mode can be used when unreliable connections are involved.
- D2D Backups. Removable/spare hard disks can hold multiple generations of archives, and be mounted and unmounted automatically as necessary.
- Advanced Device Support. Detection, control, support, and diagnostics, including TapeAlert™.
- Microlite Instant File Restore™. For SharpDrive™, Optical, S3CLOUD, FTP and FSP backups. Provides less than 1 second access times when restoring from these Resource types.
- Microlite Fast File Restore™. The most advanced Quick File Access technology available, it works on SCSI / SAS tape drives for all platforms.
- ACL Support. If you are using Access Control Lists for additional security in your operating environment, we'll back them up and restore them automatically.
- Full File Checksum Verify. While others stop at bit-level and header checksum verify, BackupEDGE adds a third verify type to ensure that archives can be read reliably months or even years later.
- SCSI / SAS Autochanger/Library Support. Includes PVT (barcode) support.
- Remote Device Support. We back up to remote devices on a network as easily as we backup up to local drives.
- Automatic Device Detection and Setup. During installation, our Setup Wizard automatically detects and configures each of your tape, autoloader and optical devices. You don't even need to know the device name.
- Multi-Functional User Interface. A single integrated user interface runs in character mode, graphical mode or as a web service allowing remote administration from any browser with a Java plug-in.
If you have never used a Microlite backup product, we invite you to download a free, fully functional demo copy from our ftp site, or check out our brochures and technical articles for additional information. Our products are available from better UNIX and Linux distributors, VARs and dealers throughout the world.
From the President
Thanks for visiting with us. At Microlite Corporation our daily mission is to provide you with the finest possible products and service.
Our engineers have been relentless in keeping up with the changes in newer Linux distributions while continuing to add new features to our UNIX products wherever possible.
In December 2018 we began supporting SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Service Pack 4 (SP4).
In October and November 2018 we released support for Red hat Enterprise Linux 7.6, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15, and Ubuntu 18.10.
In May 2018 we've dramatically increased the performance of S3-Compatible backups.
In April 2018 we've introduced support for both Red hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 and Oracle Linux Server 7.5.
In September 2017 we introduced UEFI support in RecoverEDGE.
In April 2017 we added S3 signature version 4 support. All Amazon Regions worldwide are now available to BackupEDGE. Clients may store data in the country and region which best meets their needs.
On December 8, 2016 we released GPT disk support form many Linux distributions.
On December 26, 2016 we increased our internet bandwidth by another 50%, allowing easier upload and download access.
As of January 13th, 2016 we're pleased to announce support for the Xinuos "Definitive" operating system series. Support has been further improved and updated for the "Definitive 2018" series.
We have some new Product Training Videos on our YouTube Channel and the list of videos is growing.
April 6th, 2016 was the sixth anniversary of the introduction of BackupEDGE 3.x. The fifth anniversary in 2015 marked end-of-support for our 2.x series of products. Non-priority, email-based tech support for legacy products is handled on a best-effort basis.
October 2015 saw us release our first Linux 4.x kernel products for Ubutu 15.10. We now support Ubuntu up through 18.10.
NFS Backups and CIFS Backups were major new features we added in 2015.
Microlite is a world Leader in Physical to Virtual (P2V) technology. We've built it into our Linux products, and offer P2V consulting services for SCO (now Xinuos) operating systems.
In May 2016 we've expanded our P2V capabilities for Linux to include Hyper-V in addition to VMware.
We periodically host on-line training sessions via "GoToMeeting" to explain some of the more powerful but less-used features of our products.
On July 14, 2016 we lowered ALL Support and Maintenance Subscription extension and renewal prices. This also has the effect of dramatically lowering pricing for all multi-year licenses.
December 26, 2018