BackupEDGE 3.x - Installation and Configuration
Installation and setup of BackupEDGE is a very easy task. The product may be downloaded from the Microlite Download Site.
An Installation Manager program oversees the entire process with an easy-to-use wizard-style interface:
- Tape and optical drives, and tape autochangers, loaders and libraries are automatically detected;
- Easy wizards allow configuration of SharpDrive, S3CLOUD and FTP / FTPS Resources.
- Other Resources have simple setup menus.
- You are given the option to edit device configurations, although this is not normally necessary;
- You are given the option of scheduling unattended backups to any device on the local machine, or on any machine with BackupEDGE installed.
The entire process is presented with a character-based menu system (complete with context-sensitive help). When it has completed, the system will be set up to run BackupEDGE without further user intervention.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of BackupEDGE within the same series, your old configuration will be preserved as much as possible. When upgrading to a new series, removal of the old product is required first.
Last Updated - 2021/10/21