|Dear BackupEDGE User,
First, Happy Holidays from all of us here at Microlite Corporation.
We've got great news; we've completed engineering and released BackupEDGE 03.01.01, with an entirely new Resource type, opening up a whole new range of inexpensive, worldwide cloud storage solutions.
Plus, we have our two BackupEDGE promotions ending on December 31st:
- to help save you money while protecting new servers and
- to get your in-use servers updated to include encryption.
New Amazon S3-Compatible API in 03.01.01
Bandwidths keep going up, cloud storage keeps getting cheaper, and BackupEDGE continues adding value and keeping pace with relevant storage technologies.
BackupEDGE 03.01.01 and later enable more cloud backup options using a new "s3cloud" Resource. This Resource type is fully compatible with the Amazon S3 Standard Storage API, which provides a number of benefits over the Amazon "DevPay" API we've been using since November of 2008, including...
- No Monthly "DevPay" Fee. Users pay only standard Amazon S3 storage rates, saving even more money.
- Worldwide "Region" Support. Users or administrators may create Amazon "Buckets" in Regions around the world, allowing at-rest data to be located where most appropriate for security, regulatory, and latency reasons.
- Multiple "Buckets" and "Regions" Per Account. It is quite easy to control and separate multiple users / servers / clients, etc. within a single S3 account.
and finally, and perhaps mostimportant...
- Multiple Storage Cloud Vendor Choice. The "S3" storage API is supported by vendors around the world. This API opens up new possibilities for you to choose the cloud storage provider with the pricing, redundancy, or storage locations that best suit you.
We officially support Amazon S3 and dinCloud D3 today, and will be qualifying more cloud storage vendors in the future. If you have a favorite cloud storage vendor who supports the S3 API, let us know and we'll be happy to qualify them.
More information on "s3cloud" backup Resources may be found on our S3 Cloud Backup Info web page, and in Section 10 of the latest BackupEDGE User Guide. Please contact your reseller or our sales department (email@example.com) for more information or to upgrade to BackupEDGE 03.01.01.
Note that the legacy Amazon "DevPay" cloud is still fully functional and BackupEDGE "aws" Resources continue to work. Amazon has indicated that they'd like all clients to transition to the S3 API for cloud backups sometime during the first quarter of 2015.
Encryption Licence Promotion (New Licenses)
We are including a Free Encryption License with every new BackupEDGE BE3REL retail license or BE3RELNP non-profit / charity license sold by Microlite Corporation until December 31, 2014. This promotion includes all retail part numbers for products with 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 year Support and Maintenance Subscriptions.
An Encryption License (BE3ENCP) will be automatically attached to each retail license ordered from Microlite or one of our partners, and locked in our system to the serial number of the retail license it is delivered with, i.e., it cannot be activated with any other serial number.
- Encryption Licenses provide extra security as each archive (or portions of an archive)may be encrypted to very high standards. More information on encryption can be found on our web site, www.microlite.com. If you choose not to activate the promotional Encryption License, it is not transferable and has no other value.
- Encryption Licenses do not add to the price of Support and Maintenance Subscription extensions/renewals, so this will not cost more money in the future.
No other action is required on your part; the Encryption Licenses will be provided with new licenses. Only orders shipped and invoiced from now until December 31, 2014 will receive the Encryption License at no charge.
Encryption License Promotion (Existing Licenses)
From now until December 31, 2014, Encryption Licenses are available to all BackupEDGE end-users currently under a valid Support and Maintenance Subscription at HALF PRICE. To purchase these special Encryption License SKUs at half-price, you must...
- ensure the BackupEDGE license for which you are purchasing the special Encryption license is under a current Support an Maintenance Subscription, or
- purchase a Support and Maintenance Subscription extension or renewal along with the special Encryption License SKU (for the same license).
You may contact your reseller or our sales department (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check on the current Support and Maintenance Subscription status of any of your licenses.
|Suggested End User Price
|BackupEDGE Promotional Encryption License for 3.x clients under a valid Support and Maintenance Subscription. (Available only until December 31, 2014.)
Your reseller is already aware of our new S3 storage cloud support as well as these encryption promotions.
Contact them today to start saving money on cloud backups, and better protect your current servers. Stock up now for savings on new licenses for servers you plan to deploy shortly.
If you do not have a current reseller, please check our web site Authorized Reseller List. You may also contact our sales department directly via email (email@example.com) or telephone at 888-257-3343 (US & Canada) or 724-375-6711.
Helpful Web Site Links
Kindest regards, and thanks for your continuing support of Microlite Corporation and BackupEDGE.
D. Thomas Podnar
888-257-3343 - Toll-Free
724-375-6711 - Main